SDcard

Edg
Edg Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I have the Acer LiquidZestPlus smartphone and the internal storage is full so I would like to install to the SD card but it would not do that, I’ve tried formatting the card several times restarting and changing the default storage to the SDcard but it still wouldn’t work.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Edg 

Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

Turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".
    Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
    Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
    Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
    Reboot your phone.

Turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".
    Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
    At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.
    If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Edg 

Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

Turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".
    Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
    Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
    Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
    Reboot your phone.

Turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".
    Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
    At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.
    If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Edg
    Edg Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you, I had actually tried that before but I think I’d missed a step, the last one where it suggested to move some files to the SDcard, I had declined to do that at the time and I think that’s why it didn’t work; I did that now and it seems to be working.