Acer Helios 300 G3-571 Mic not working.

Options
Norn
Norn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Since my desktop is out of commission, I am forced to use my labtop for daily business.

However I have been unable to get the Mic portion of the Dual Jack to detect my microphone. The headphones work fine, and detect. I'm using an analog headset from sennheiser, the GSP302's to be more precise. I know the mic works, as I can get it to work on both my out of commission desktop and phone.

I used to be able to use the built in microphone, but as of now I am unable to get that to work.

Ive tried reverting the Realtek Audio drivers down to R2.81 and back to R2.82, Both don't show any positive results

Ive also tried using an older corsair wireless void headset, sound works with that, but mic failed to pic anything up, dispite the mic showing up as a device, unlike analog.

Best Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Head to your control panel > hardware & sound > HD audio control panel 

You should see the word "analog" on the right, double click the grey circle located next to that word and select "headset" instead of "headphone".
    - Hotel Hero
  • Norn
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe I have found the problem. My microphone was disabled in windows for privacy, I think that and a combo of setting the line in to headset fix my problem. Thanks

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Head to your control panel > hardware & sound > HD audio control panel 

You should see the word "analog" on the right, double click the grey circle located next to that word and select "headset" instead of "headphone".
    - Hotel Hero
  • Norn
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Red-Sand, I should have mention that in my OP, but that was something I have tried already. https://i.imgur.com/dvg3gKV.png are the only mics that register. And neither of those pick up a voice.
  • Norn
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe I have found the problem. My microphone was disabled in windows for privacy, I think that and a combo of setting the line in to headset fix my problem. Thanks
  • cRatzroh
    cRatzroh Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Norn said:
    Hello sir, I am having the same issue... Can you plz explain what I should do to over come this problem...I actually don't understand in this quoted thread...plz explain the Soln.....It would be very helpful.
  • Skaggz
    Skaggz Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Norn said:
    Thanks for the reply Red-Sand, I should have mention that in my OP, but that was something I have tried already. https://i.imgur.com/dvg3gKV.png are the only mics that register. And neither of those pick up a voice.
    I'm having this exact problem, please tell me how you fixed it.