V17 Nitro (VN7-791G-70M4) Problem: No bootable Device bei jedem 2. Bootvorgang (Samsung 860 EVO M.2)

Options
RüdigerK
RüdigerK Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hallo,

nach dem Hardware Upgrade auf eine Samsung 860 EVO M.2 mit anschließender Neuinstallation von Windows 10 x64 Professional, habe ich bei jedem Kaltstart das Problem, dass zunächst kein Bootlaufwerk erkannt wird. Erst nach erneutem Ausschalten und wieder Einschalten (Power Button länger gehalten) bootet mein Notebook über den Bootmanager und gibt mir die Auswahl ob ich von SSD M.2 (Windows 10 x64 Pro) oder SSHD (Windows 10 x64 Home) starten möchte. Bei Auswahl von "Neustart" gibt es das Problem nicht.
Worin könnte dieses Problem begründet sein?

Liebe Grüße
Rüdiger

Answers

• RüdigerK

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Options
    Sorry,
    didn't realized that I'm at the English site of the community. But no problem.

Description of the problem:
    After I upgraded the notebook with a Samsung 860 EVO M.2 (250 Gb) and installed Win10 x 64 Pro, the system forgets its drives at each 1st cold start.
    What means, I need to do a second start (while pressing the power button for more than 5 s)
    At the second try I get the the abillity to take a choice to boot from SSD or SSHD and the system starts up. If I do a "restart" from windows start menue, the system starts without a problem. Now I want to know, what can be the reason that my system forgets the drives?

best regards Rudy
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Give this a try, go to Control panel, System and Security, System and click Advanced system settings, click Settings in Startup and Recovery, tick the box that says time to display list of operating systems and select a desired time in the dropdown arrow, this may help or not but worth a try.

• RüdigerK

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks brummyfan2,

but I've set it to 30 s after adding the new drive and installation.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    You are welcome :)  does it help resolve the problem?