Manufacturer Defect

Options
IanWilsdon
IanWilsdon Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Acer Aspire V3-472P-35FZ
SNID: NXMMZAA003XXXXXXXXXX
Purchase Date: April 8, 2015

This laptop was purchased as a gift from my mother-in-law to my wife. After the very first use, the laptop was powered down, and the screen was lowered/closed. Unfortunately, the result was a cracked screen. In January, while the warranty was still active, I called Acer Support and had asked to send the laptop in for warranty repair. I was told that all damage to the screen was user fault and that the repair cost was going to be quite expensive. This discouraged me from sending the laptop in. Today, I decided to throw the laptop out, since it was just taking space. Before doing so, I gave the laptop once last inspection. When I realized what had happened, it absolutely enraged me. In the center of the photo I've uploaded, there is a small notch. There is also one on the left side not in the photo. These notches have holes beneath them which act to recess the notches when the screen closes. Unfortunately, due to poor manufacturing, the holes are not in the proper location. This caused unintended pressure to the screen, just above the notch, and the screen cracked! I have been a long time Acer advocate; but, this is just sloppy and should never have been sold. Now I'm out of warranty, and my phone calls to Acer have been met with "It's not our fault". I'm extremely frustrated! What do I do!?

Ian

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Answers