Predator Helios 300 PH317-52 Benchmark

MrGrudev
MrGrudev Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I run User Benachmark test on my computer and received bad results for the RAM.

Results:

I am concerned about the RAM performance. I tried to enable XMP in the BIOS, there is no such option. 
Is that resulat normal? 
I am not sure on what frequency does my RAM work. Using CPU-Z app, there is NB Frequency 3600-3700 MHz and DRAM Frequency around 1200 Mhz. My RAM is 2400 MHz.

HDD also is not performing very well.

Can I do something to increase the performance of the RAM and HDD?
Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Nothing to worry about, rerun the benchmark and you'll see fluctuation both positive and negative. 2400MHz for RAM likely a limitation of the hardware, want better performance install a second matching SODIMM for duel channel memory, equally outside of benchmarks and a few Aps you'll likely never see much if any tangible difference for average use.

For your usage the HD can be improved by defragging, Defraggler is good as anything else for a data drive and free.  In options you can set Large Files to be moved to end of drive to help improve load times etc.

Q-6
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder
    Queen6 said:
    For your usage the HD can be improved by defragging, Defraggler is good as anything else for a data drive and free.  In options you can set Large Files to be moved to end of drive to help improve load times etc.

Q-6
    His disk shows up as a SSD. Defrag is not recommended on an SSD.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • MrGrudev
    MrGrudev Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    sri369 said:
    Queen6 said:

Q-6
    His disk shows up as a SSD. Defrag is not recommended on an SSD.
    No I have SSD + HDD. We are talking about the HDD.

@Queen6 there are a fluctiations from benchmark to benchmark, but for the memory it always says "preforming below potential. Ensure that the top XMP BIOS profile is enabled."
  • Ajju092
    Ajju092 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have purchased new acer laptop, can someone help to check benchmark test or hardware test? is acer giving any utility to test all the hardware like ram ,display(pixel damage ) ,hdd,sdd,cpu,gpu,fan,etc. please help