Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

what does 'hermes.exe' do?

emelieveerleemelieveerle Posts: 2Member New User
edited June 2018 in Members Lounge
Dear friends,

I have the following question: there is an 'execution'-file called 'hermes.exe' that runs in the background. The 'exe' seems to be signed by Acer. What is the purpose of it, what doet it do?
The 'exe' is in the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\Acer Jumpstart\hermes.exe

Even when i delete it, it comes back. Is this really an acer program or is this malware?

Thanks for helping me out!

Comments

• SharanjiSharanji Posts: 4,081ACE Pathfinder
    emelieveerle 
    Hermes.exe is part of a product called known as Hermes and it is developed by VMS Informatica LTDA. If you want to remove Hermes.exe from your computer, just go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs and select Hermes from the list.
    To find further information, you may try contacting VMS Informatica LTDA, the developer of Hermes.exe and ask for more information.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • emelieveerleemelieveerle Posts: 2Member New User
    The Hermes I'm talking about isn't the same as what you mention. See the properties of the file in the ss:

• CBozCBoz Posts: 2Member New User
    I am getting annoying error messages appearing when I start up each saying Windows cannot find a file, such as hermesInnoGames.exe  I suspect there is some malware operating. I am going to delete the files hermes.exe and hermestask.xml.