Laptops shut down at 5-6%.

Options
helios
helios Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I want to ask about the predator helios 300 shut down at 5-6%. Did it normal or the battery problem? Apart from that I would like to ask the duration of the battery for predator helios 300, for mine it only last for 3 hours. IS MY LAPTOP BATTERY PROBLEM??

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Laptops are designed to do that... at critical battery level to either hibernate, or shut down. This it avoid battery from draining to 100% (this could kill the battery in the long run).

Acer advertised my G3-572 as 9 hours on battery... but that's a really crappy marketing. Any gamer laptop would give about 3 hours, and the same applies to this too. Actually even worse, cos even with just bare minimal load my 1 month old laptop does not last over 2 hours 42 mins.

See the setting below. I would suggest to NOT reduce this below 3%.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Laptops are designed to do that... at critical battery level to either hibernate, or shut down. This it avoid battery from draining to 100% (this could kill the battery in the long run).

Acer advertised my G3-572 as 9 hours on battery... but that's a really crappy marketing. Any gamer laptop would give about 3 hours, and the same applies to this too. Actually even worse, cos even with just bare minimal load my 1 month old laptop does not last over 2 hours 42 mins.

See the setting below. I would suggest to NOT reduce this below 3%.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045