Why screen stucks when integrated graphics card is put on load on Helios 300?

Brigadier
Brigadier Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I tried stress test using Intel XTU on graphics card and what I noticed was screen stucks with no response, neither responding to any shortcut keys not ctrl+alt+del key with no blue screen of death. I had to force shut down using power button and when restarted it restarts normally, even at second time I tried doing same stress test and the same thing repeated. (Helios 300 PH313-51) I had updated graphics driver using windows update.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Brigadier 

Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdoew the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

I see that this has been already escalated by Acer Crew to headquarters and is being investigated. Please follow this thread and wait for further update. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/575377#Comment_575377

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Sharanji said:
    Brigadier 

Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdoew the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

I see that this has been already escalated by Acer Crew to headquarters and is being investigated. Please follow this thread and wait for further update. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/575377#Comment_575377

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    I don't think they both are same issue, the given thread issue was encountered by me too but it occurs randomly anytime, it happened when I was playing PUBG, with neither screen or hot key responding nor rebooting or whatsoever, this problem is encountered only when integrated graphics card is put on load and it too freezes the screen but upon forced shutdown one can easily restart device. I suggest to test this using  Intel XTU's GPU(integrated) stress test. This would help me narrow down the problem if it's encountered by everyone or just me.