I have an Acer TC-780 i7 - How re-install Windows

tone1
tone1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
When I had a problem with my windows 10 O/S, I tried to reinstall windows like I have done many times before to other PC's, and to be honest I didn't succeed. I had to give the pc to an expert and he did it, but he said my operating system wasn't on what I thought was an SSD, but he described it as a kind of "Chip". Was this why I struggled and is there a particular way that you install or reinstall?

Comments

• Espionage724
    Espionage724 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Short version: You should be able to load Windows 10 onto a FAT32 USB stick and boot from it. Assuming the SSD (NVMe or SATA M.2 drive) shows up as a regular drive, you can select it during install. If it doesn't show up at all, you may have to load drivers from the Windows install (there's an option for it; I imagine you can use Intel RST drivers from either Acer or somewhere else)

If it still doesn't show up, not really too sure what to try (I don't think there's any special BIOS settings for a TC-780 to handle this but maybe settings for this are exposed if you're using a certain kind of SSD).