Add RAM or M2 SSD

lihung019
lihung019 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
Hi, i using acer aspire 5(A515-51g-50ac
) and my laptop just has 4gb Ram no M.2 ssd. I just need you guys suggestion. Which one should I choose M2 SSD or add more Ram?If this happening.....

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    SSD for sure. Either get rid of some of your Chrome addons of restart the browser more often to free up that memory (likely caused by addons allocating memory and then not freeing it when done). Over 1.5GB use is an awful lot even with 54 tabs open. Restarting the browser is likely to cut that in half or less, though it'll gradually move up again. The HD usage is likely high due to multiple tasks accessing it at the same time, forcing it to seek back and forth. The high seek time on a low power drive is really killing you there, and switching to an SSD pretty much removes that entirely.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• lihung019
    lihung019 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

pls comment thank
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    SSD for sure. Either get rid of some of your Chrome addons of restart the browser more often to free up that memory (likely caused by addons allocating memory and then not freeing it when done). Over 1.5GB use is an awful lot even with 54 tabs open. Restarting the browser is likely to cut that in half or less, though it'll gradually move up again. The HD usage is likely high due to multiple tasks accessing it at the same time, forcing it to seek back and forth. The high seek time on a low power drive is really killing you there, and switching to an SSD pretty much removes that entirely.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.