laptop the power light still on even my closed my laotop already

WaiHoong
WaiHoong Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hey, how to fix after i closed my laptop the power light still on.
This problem happen when i updated to latest 10 april 2018 windows recently
My computer model is E5-571G-65HP

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    @WaiHoong

You can try updating to the latest BIOS.

To check your current BIOS version, type msinfo32 in the Windows search bar.

Hopefully the latest BIOS will solve your problem and that will be the end of it.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5385?b=1

However, since you have Haswell-ULT i5-4210U, some people (depending on their model) have to go to Device Manager and rollback to an older Intel Management Engine Interface driver or use the Windows 8.1 Intel Management Interface Driver a/k/a Turbo Boost driver 9.5.24.1790.  

I don't have your computer model, but I do have a Haswell-ULT laptop and have experienced the same bug with Windows 10.  I decided that going back to Windows 8.1 is the best choice as I didn't like having to use workarounds.  It runs Windows 8.1 perfect as it was originally designed to run Windows 8.1.

You can also make changes to your power management so that your computer doesn't sleep.  You can set it to hibernate instead of sleep.  You'll have to also go in to advanced power settings and make necessary changes.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • WaiHoong
    WaiHoong Member Posts: 2 New User
    @jordanb hi,based on the link you give to me and in the categories of bios have 8 items, should updated all or select one only.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Select one only.  Select the latest (newest).  1.32
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @WaiHoong You might first want to simply check your power plan/options to see if any changes were made on what happens when the lid is closed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ