Acer Aspire 7/ Acer Cool boost/ Acer Quick Access

Archardor
Archardor Member Posts: 12 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone,

would you mind sharing with me if the Acer Aspire 7 has the Acer Cool Boost enabled in Acer Quick Access? Im interested in buying that laptop and would be nice to know if controlling the fans manually is supported. Thank you <3 

Best Answers

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What is the full model number of the Aspire 7 you're interested in? A715-xxx?  A717-xxxx? Do you have an ad link? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Archardor
    Full model: 

Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G-5508

Link to website: https://www.pic.bg/laptop-acer-aspire-7-a715-71g-5508-68312

Thank you! :)

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    This model should have the quick access app in which coolboost can be enabled by following the instructions in this link
    https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35244/~/acer-coolboost

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Archardor
    Thank you a lot! Will i be able to enable cool boost if i download the Acer Quick Acess app on my own from the Acer website? Since the laptop will come with no OS and i will buy and install a copy of Windows 10 on my own, will i have any problems with Coolboost not showing on the Acer Quick Acess app if i download it manually and it did not come preinstalled with the model? I was reading some threads about such problems so that made me wonder.
  • JackE
    >>> I was reading some threads about such problems so that made me wonder. >>>

Sorry, yes it might be a problem a generic Win10 installation. The main issue is that, unlike previous Windows versions, major Win10 updates in the latest generic Win10 installations might not be fully compatible with machines that were factory-certified with earlier, though still relatively recent, Win10 versions. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Archardor
    So erm what would you advise me on doing? The laptops do not come with a preinstallled OS so I cannot in any way get that. Any ideas how to fix that issue? Maybe just not update at all or what am I supposed to do... T_T If i dont update the system will be so unstable.
  • JackE
    That's generally a big issue with Win10 vs earlier versions like Win7 and Win8.x. I only can tell you how I fixed this issue. I don't run Win10 any more on my newer machines. I run Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon instead. Mint GUI can now be easily set up to have essentially the same look, feel & operation as  Win7 without the Win10 update headaches or other nonsense. And for what I do, all the office apps, browsers  and other programs that I need, are included at no extra charge.  :)  But as for the coolboost controllability that you seek, I'm not sure that Linux is the answer either. Sorry. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Archardor
    Can i put Windows 7 on my machine and if I do, will there be any drawbacks? I heard Acer Aspire 7 models were locked to Windows 10 only.
  • JackE
    Win7 should install in legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI bootstrap. However, some of the newer ACER-specific hardware in the A715 probably won't have Win7-compatible drivers available. Coolboost controllability might be one of them. But this would likely be the case with installing any generic operating system (even Win10 for the aforementioned reasons) other than those certified as factory-installed. Also remember that a valid Microsoft license would be needed or any Windows version on a machine not already having Windows pre-installed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Archardor
    Could I find the drivers of the Coolboost option somewhere? Windows copy is a genuine, bought online.
  • JackE
    You can download and try the ACER quick access application here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7296?b=1 . Then follow the earlier link https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35244/~/acer-coolboost   to see what happens.
    Good luck!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ