VX5-591G-75RM Brightness and HDMI issue.

Rangerin
Rangerin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all! Hope you could help me with this problem.
I recently purchased a used VX5-591G-75RM, whos previusly owner stated that the brightness control and HDMI port didn't work. The problem started, as told by him, when he installed Windows 10 Pro. By doing this, he lost the Recovery Partition and all the OEM drivers.

My first guess was to install a clean copy of Windows 10 Home and all the drivers from the Acer page. However this didn't helped, and both brightness control and HDMI port didn't worked. I even try installing the generic drivers for the intel display adapter, chipset and Nvidia, but the problem still persist. I also tried different Windows 10 versions, but the result was the same.

I think there is no hardware issue, since I tried installing Ubuntu 16.04 and the brightness worked right away (hdmi didn't, but maybe I had to configure something else). 
Could anyone knows what is happening and what should I do? Maybe someone with the same Laptop could upload a drivers backup somewhere for me, if it's not too much to ask!
Thanks in advance for the help!

PD:I can't purchase the USB recovery media from Acer since they won't ship it to my country (Argentina).

Answers