video_memory_management_internal BSOD after updating to Windows 10 version 1803

keshav_c17
keshav_c17 Member Posts: 51 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My laptop is ACER VX 15 , Model : Aspire VX5-591G 
It is my humble request from ACER to please update the graphics driver i.e. Intel Graphics HD 630 as the drivers available on support page are out-dated and Windows 10 version 1803 has some major changes related to drivers and old drivers are not compatible anymore. My laptop is constantly freezing on the startup itself due to incompatible graphics driver. I have uninstalled the graphics driver and running the built-in graphic driver from Microsoft because my laptop is stable on i, running without any error. But i cant run my laptop forever on this driver. I want Intel HD 630 drivers from ACER for this laptop. PLEASE HELP.

Best Answers

• keshav_c17
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓

EDIT- SEEMS LIKE PROBLEM IS SOLVED :-

So it was my stupidity. I have clean installed Windows 10 version 1803 and all of my drivers were removed. And i was just testing this new build on the drivers that were auto-installed from the windows update and those drivers were incomplete. So i installed the missing drivers from my laptop website and updated those drivers and now everything seems stable. System Device drivers were out-dated so i updated them. Installed the latest Graphics Driver from Intel website and now everything seems stable now, i have restarted my device multiple times, played some games for an hour and things are stable. I am so sorry for any inconvenience caused. If i found any problem in future i will inform then.

Thank You.

• siny79
    siny79 Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    take a look at this: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/545223/bsod-video-memory-management-internal-on-vx5-491g#latest
    I also had sudden problem with bsods, crashes, etc. and it was the newest nvidia driver that was causing this. it wasn't the internal gpu driver. at least for me. 

Answers

• keshav_c17

EDIT- SEEMS LIKE PROBLEM IS SOLVED :-

So it was my stupidity. I have clean installed Windows 10 version 1803 and all of my drivers were removed. And i was just testing this new build on the drivers that were auto-installed from the windows update and those drivers were incomplete. So i installed the missing drivers from my laptop website and updated those drivers and now everything seems stable. System Device drivers were out-dated so i updated them. Installed the latest Graphics Driver from Intel website and now everything seems stable now, i have restarted my device multiple times, played some games for an hour and things are stable. I am so sorry for any inconvenience caused. If i found any problem in future i will inform then.

Thank You.

• keshav_c17
    edited June 2018
    MODERATOR PLEASE UNMARK THIS POST FROM BEING SOLVED,

EDIT-2:-
     PROBLEM IS BACK AGAIN, NOW I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON. NEED HELP !!!
    Everything is now up-to-date but now again my laptop is freezing on startup and sometimes giving same BSOD error. Had to install Basic Graphics Adapter again to make it stable. 
  • siny79
    take a look at this: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/545223/bsod-video-memory-management-internal-on-vx5-491g#latest
    I also had sudden problem with bsods, crashes, etc. and it was the newest nvidia driver that was causing this. it wasn't the internal gpu driver. at least for me. 
  • keshav_c17
    siny79 said:
    OMG! Thank you so much man, it was indeed the Nvidia Graphics Driver issue. I was so scared, i was thiniking that my Integrated Graphics card got corrupted or something else has happened but it was merely a driver issue and that also of Nvidia not Intel HD 630. 
    Thank you for informing and sharing the information.
  • siny79
    edited June 2018
    keshav_c17, nice man! glad it worked for You. yeah, because of those faulty drivers I reinstalled windows (kinda panicked, I guess ;) ) and still spent whole night trying to figure out the problem afterwards :)
  • keshav_c17
    Hello everyone,
    so this problem is now officially solved. Nvidia has released a HotFix for this issue. Please visit this link for more information and to downoad the hotfix : https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1058141/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-398-18/
    I have installed this fix and after the restart there is no more BSOD.
    Thank You.