BSOD - Video Memory Management Internal on VX5-491G

jcb22
jcb22 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I'm having this BSOD whenever I plugged in my laptop in UPS or in an extension cord. This only occurs whenever I plugged it in and just booted my laptop. There were times that it would never occur. I've tried removing Intel Graphics driver and it never crashed again. Also I have installed the Intel Graphics driver from the Acer's website and the BSOD is still there.

My laptop is Acer Aspire VX5-591G.
 Specs
 Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc_escrow.180502-1908)
System Manufacturer: Acer System Model: Aspire VX5-591G
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 05.11.35V1.06
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 8060MB
RAM Page File: 3921MB used, 6058MB available

I had this BSOD when I tried to update my Windows 10 RTM to Version 1803 and failed (black screen with mouse on the screen) then restored through safe mode then tried to reinstall with Windows 10 Home and the BSOD still occurs.

Here's the Crash Dump File.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvZUeHr0oKaHswl1EJYaVeRxmrzq

I'm not sure if this would help, once I logged in to my account. It would randomly freeze and I can only turn off my laptop by holding the power button OR by removing the charger on the laptop and the BSOD will appear.

Best Answer

Answers

• AGaspar003
    AGaspar003 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am experiencing the same situation since I tryed to Upgrade to W10 1803. Same model, VX 15, exactly same BSOD when remove the charger. Any idea or solution? Thanks
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    hmm.. try intel HD driver version 23.20.16.4901
  • jcb22

My Intel HD Driver is at 22.20.16.4691. I've tried updating that driver through Device Manager and was told that this was already the best driver I've had. Should I find Intel HD driver version 23.20.16.4901 on Intel's website and download that one? As of now, I've update all of my drivers except the W10 1803.

I am experiencing the same situation since I tryed to Upgrade to W10 1803. Same model, VX 15, exactly same BSOD when remove the charger. Any idea or solution? Thanks
     I've update all of my drivers through device manager and never had BSOD again, but I do hope that it never occurs again. 
  • siny79
    siny79 Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    jcb22, did You by any chance installed latest nvidia drivers (397.93)? that's what was causing similar problems with my laptop. it's a common scenario for laptop users, specially with 1050/1050ti on board. unsinstalling those drivers and installing older (397.64) worked for me. no more bsods, crashes, etc. hope it'll work for You too.
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    jcb22 said:

My Intel HD Driver is at 22.20.16.4691. I've tried updating that driver through Device Manager and was told that this was already the best driver I've had. Should I find Intel HD driver version 23.20.16.4901 on Intel's website and download that one? As of now, I've update all of my drivers except the W10 1803.

I've update all of my drivers through device manager and never had BSOD again, but I do hope that it never occurs again. 
    good to hear the problem solved ,

ur problem is same for me for few months ago (u can find it in this forum) , but i have some flickering first and then it turns BSOD (Not caused by the hardware/flex cable) after updating to the latest driver the prblem fixed till now, so far so good :D
  • jcb22
    siny79 said:
    jcb22, did You by any chance installed latest nvidia drivers (397.93)? that's what was causing similar problems with my laptop. it's a common scenario for laptop users, specially with 1050/1050ti on board. unsinstalling those drivers and installing older (397.64) worked for me. no more bsods, crashes, etc. hope it'll work for You too.

Yeah, I updated that one too. I'll try to uninstall that one and try installing the older one. Thanks!

• Viperx25
    Viperx25 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2018
    siny79 said:

Diese Beschreibung schildert ein Problem, welches einzig und allein auf die neuesten Nvidia Treiber zurückzuführen ist. Es führt dazu das Windows 10 1803 sich beim Startvorgang aufhängt. Offensichtlich ist in den Treibern 397.93 und 398.11 ein gravierender Fehler, welcher ein Problem mit dem Speichermanagement der Grafikeinheiten 1050 und 1050Ti verursacht, und vermutlich sind auch noch andere Grafikeinheiten der Nvidia 10er Serie davon betroffen. Leider gibt es diesbezüglich zu wenig Feedback von anderen Anwender die davon betroffen sind und darüber berichten. Dieses Problem kann nur seitens  NVIDIA behoben werden in dem dieser Fehler in den folgenden Treibern gefixt wird.

This description describes a problem that is solely due to the latest Nvidia drivers. It causes Windows 10 1803 to hang up during startup. Obviously, the drivers 397.93 and 398.11 are a serious bug which causes a problem with the memory management of the 1050 and 1050Ti graphics units, and presumably other Nvidia 10 series graphics units are also affected. Unfortunately, there is not enough feedback from other users who are affected by this and report about it. This problem can only be solved by NVIDIA by fixing this error in the following drivers.
  • keshav_c17
    keshav_c17 Member Posts: 51 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Viperx25 said:
    Diese Beschreibung schildert ein Problem, welches einzig und allein auf die neuesten Nvidia Treiber zurückzuführen ist. Es führt dazu das Windows 10 1803 sich beim Startvorgang aufhängt. Offensichtlich ist in den Treibern 397.93 und 398.11 ein gravierender Fehler, welcher ein Problem mit dem Speichermanagement der Grafikeinheiten 1050 und 1050Ti verursacht, und vermutlich sind auch noch andere Grafikeinheiten der Nvidia 10er Serie davon betroffen. Leider gibt es diesbezüglich zu wenig Feedback von anderen Anwender die davon betroffen sind und darüber berichten. Dieses Problem kann nur seitens  NVIDIA behoben werden in dem dieser Fehler in den folgenden Treibern gefixt wird.

I have posted this issue on Nvidia forum so that moderators can get information and somehow if they pass the information to Development Team of Nvidia then it would be great.
  • keshav_c17
    Answer ✓
    Hello everyone,
    so this problem is now officially solved. Nvidia has released a HotFix for this issue. Please visit this link for more information and to downoad the hotfix : https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1058141/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-398-18/
    I have installed this fix and after the restart there is no more BSOD.
    Thank You.
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    you can help me my vx15 cant set up anything and it removed intel hd graphics and 1050ti graphic driver please help me
  • keshav_c17
    JohnCena said:
    you can help me my vx15 cant set up anything and it removed intel hd graphics and 1050ti graphic driver please help me
    Okay yes, i will try to help you, but first elaborate your problem. What is happening with you ACER VX 15 ? What is your Windows 10 OS build version ? Are you facing this similar BSOD or something else ?
  • jcb22
    Hello everyone,
    so this problem is now officially solved. Nvidia has released a HotFix for this issue. Please visit this link for more information and to downoad the hotfix : https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1058141/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-398-18/
    I have installed this fix and after the restart there is no more BSOD.
    Thank You.
    Thanks a lot!