Z35 perma stuck on Predator Logo screen

Reynaerd
Reynaerd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
so, 1 year and a half ago, i got myself a z35.. lo and behold after 6+ months, white scanlines. Gen1knownissue.jpeg  Send it back to the reseller to fix it ( within warranty period ) got it returned, it worked splendid. Outside of no longer being able to use the onboard speakers, since they simply dont work.. the repair took them a month btw, was kinda forced to purchase another screen.
Also they improved the backlighting since it's now twice as noticeable.

So speakers not working, i got a decent soundset, im sorted. a few weeks after , we get a powerouttage in the area ( all of my electronics are secured with surge blocks ) , so power outtage. I boot up my pc, once they fixed the issues. And there we go, acer logo.. nice... 5 mins later still acer logo, less nice... half hour... you guessed it... acer logo.

I unplug the P.O.S.. leave it for half an hour to go and have a coffee , and to avoid raging myself into an aneurisme.
Plug the pile of junk back into the surge protected socket, reboot PC, and it works again.

***** yeah im a genius, power on and off IT 101.

Sooooo this week... again  , power outtage.. only this time ... the S.O.A.B decides i should bask in the glory that is the acer boot screen for all eternity. Unplugged it etc.. nothing helps
Every ***** time, like a bad episode of the twilight zone, this logo stares me in the face. Mocking me, and my life and brand choices.
That and his ***** little brother Nvidia G-sync in the bottom right corner.

So yeah.. im stumped, anyone ever had this happen to them.

PS: is there like a hard factory reset i can perform using the buttons? 0 information, and even the manual is dogshit since it's basically 80% Yo check out the on screen OSD.

Any help and information is much appreciated.

Answers

• Reynaerd
    Reynaerd Member Posts: 2 New User
    PS: it's supposed to be a black screen, but my cellcam  is of the same quality level as acer repairs.