windows can't install update version 1803

VIPVeral
VIPVeral Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just reset my Helios Predator 300 to a factory state to reset its drivers. The windows update stated above came out and every time I boot the laptop or try to update it just states that there was a problem updating! Any answers to this problem?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    VIPVeral 
    >>Try using the Update Assistant.
    Clcik on the link below and click Update Now.

>>Also, check if you have a Intel or a Toshiba SSD in your laptop? If so, it could be due to this: https://in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55336/~/windows-april-2018-update-(1803)-is-unable-to-install-on-devices-with-intel-or

To prevent windows update from installing automatically, follow this step: 
    You can set your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection as metered, which limits how the OS access and uses an internet connection, and when enabled, updates won’t download automatically to your PC.
    If you want to set a wireless network connection as metered, do the following:
    Open Settings > Click on Network & Internet >Click on Wi-Fi >Click on the Wi-Fi connection to access its settings.
    Turn on the Set as metered connection toggle switch to enable and restrict background data usage.
    >>Do the same for Ethernet connection.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Flame
    Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    If you have the  intel ssdKpekkw256G7 that windows 1709 is installed on , windows  blocked updating to 1803 because of problems with comparibility.
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Flame said:
    If you have the  intel ssdKpekkw256G7 that windows 1709 is installed on , windows  blocked updating to 1803 because of problems with comparibility.

Hi Flame, Actually Microsoft released a fix- patch trough Windows update called KB4100403, so, right now the 1803 update has been unblocked : I'm telling you that because I personally update to 1803 after knowing that the fix was out , and the fix KB4100403 that is visible under Control Panel/Installed programs/installed Updates. all that without any issue, and yes, my predator is equipped with an  intel ssdKpekkw256G7.