Nitro 5 Ryzen M.2 form factor

RemeJuan
RemeJuan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Cannot find any detailed specs on this laptop, Acer really needs to fix that.

What is the form factor for the M.2 slot in the device, most NB can I use the Samsung Evo 960 I just bought that does not work in my current laptop and in turn busted the m.2 slot so replacing the machine now, so maybe I can keep the drive as 500gb is way better than 128 :D

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,  Nitro 5 laptops has M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay). 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,  Nitro 5 laptops has M.2 2280 for SSD (PCIe/SATA Co-lay). 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• RemeJuan
    RemeJuan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Nerf, that sucks.
    Thanks
  • Emilian
    Emilian Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2018
    What does this co-lay means? M.2 Slot is AHCI interface, but accept also PCIe SSDs, or what?
    I am sorry, but you need to describe it for me in more details, please. Thank you.

I am about to buy ACER Nitro 5 AN515-42, and would like to know what are the SSD possibilities.
    I have contacted Acer support in CZ country, also another hardware retailers and all of them confirmed me that it is SATA M.2 slot.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Emilian said:
    What does this co-lay means? M.2 Slot is AHCI interface, but accept also PCIe SSDs, or what?
    I am sorry, but you need to describe it for me in more details, please. Thank you.

I am about to buy ACER Nitro 5 AN515-42, and would like to know what are the SSD possibilities.
    I have contacted Acer support in CZ country, also another hardware retailers and all of them confirmed me that it is SATA M.2 slot.
    Hi,
    I don't think a NVMe SSD will work in this model, other members tried to install NVMe SSD in their laptop and couldn't make it recognised, so you have to settle for M.2 SATA SSD.
  • Emilian
    Emilian Member Posts: 2 New User
    Emilian said:

Hi,
    I don't think a NVMe SSD will work in this model, other members tried to install NVMe SSD in their laptop and couldn't make it recognised, so you have to settle for M.2 SATA SSD.
    Can you send me link to topic where they discussed it? I went through this forum, A to Z and have not found many information about this particular model AN515-42. Some other Acer Nitro 5s with Intel have NVMe support, this proof can be found also when checking their configs on userbenchmark.com. Thanks.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Emilian said:
    Emilian said:

Hi,
    Can you send me link to topic where they discussed it? I went through this forum, A to Z and have not found many information about this particular model AN515-42. Some other Acer Nitro 5s with Intel have NVMe support, this proof can be found also when checking their configs on userbenchmark.com. Thanks.
    Hi,
    These are the links related to this model:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/548330/please-clarify-does-the-an515-42-r5gt-support-both-sata-and-nvme-in-the-m-2-slot
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/565780/