Background interference/static on 3.5mm headphone port Acer Predator XB252Q

Modwar
Modwar Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives

So, yesterday I recieved my brand new Acer Predator XB252Q Monitor (G-Sync / 240Hz) no backlight problems or dead pixels visable all good!
However when plugging in my headset to use the included 3.5mm aux port on the back on the monitor I noticed this background static interference.
This happens with all headphones/headsets I that plug into the monitor's 3.5mm jack.
Another thing that I also noticed is whenever I turn up my volume in windows 10 and the audio test tune plays that there is a short quiet squeal 1 second after
This also happens whenever I (ironically) switch between pages in the acer community forum.

I have already tried:
Switching the DP cable, Switch to HDMI, Turning G-Sync off, switch back down to 60Hz, turning the brightness of the monitor down etc.
all with no effect unfortunately.

The only cause I can think of right now is that it's interference from the G-Sync monitor as the headphone jack is right inbetween the DP/Hdmi ports and the USB hub
(i'll include a picture of the jack at the bottom of this post).

So, design flaw? or faulty unit?
Does anyone else have the same issue?

Looking forward to your answers! :-)

picture headphone jack

Best Answer

• Modwar
    Answer ✓
    No responces needed, going to return this monitor and get a replacment.

Answers

• Modwar
    Answer ✓
    No responces needed, going to return this monitor and get a replacment.
  • vishnuki94
    vishnuki94 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Do you still have the same issue with your replacement? Because I've got the same monitor and have the same issue