SF314-54G

S_O
S_O Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello with my Acer Swift 3  SF314-54G  is it possible to add another ssd? and what type?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes. You can add either a 2.5" HDD or SSD and/or an m.2 PCIe or SATA SSD card (m.2 SATA seem more reliable). Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes. You can add either a 2.5" HDD or SSD and/or an m.2 PCIe or SATA SSD card (m.2 SATA seem more reliable). Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

Jack E/NJ

• Leo3000
    Leo3000 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hello, I have S314-54G-596T, I purchased a M.2 SSD and when I opened the Laptop to install it I found that its not support and no slot to add it :(:(:( only way to add SSD is by replacing the HDD with a 2.5" SSD
  • Leo3000 said:
    Hello, I have S314-54G-596T, I purchased a M.2 SSD and when I opened the Laptop to install it I found that its not support and no slot to add it :(:(:( only way to add SSD is by replacing the HDD with a 2.5" SSD
    Hi,
    You can install a m.2 ssd in this model.

• ydhnt
    ydhnt Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    is M.2 PCIe the same with M.2 NVME ? 
  • JackE
    Not necessarily.

A single lane m.2 PCIe slot is also known as  m.2 SATA3 slot.

Only m.2 PCIe slots with 2 or more lanes can take advantage of higher speed  NVME cards.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ