Acer Predator Helios 300 Windows update problem (device is out of date)

RocKer004
RocKer004 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone, I bought Acer Predator Helios several days ago , it functions perfectly but it can't install windows update 1803 (all others have been installed normally) , here's the error message I get : "Your device is at risk because it is no longer up-to-date and lacks important security and quality updates. Get your device back on track for Windows to run more safely. Select this button to get started" , I'm using Windows 10 Home official version from Acer , 64-bit system, I've updated all the drivers and tried to manually download some updates from internet , but it didn't help... thank you in advance for any kind of help !

Best Answer

• geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    RocKer004 said:
    Hello everyone, I bought Acer Predator Helios several days ago , it functions perfectly but it can't install windows update 1803 (all others have been installed normally) , here's the error message I get : "Your device is at risk because it is no longer up-to-date and lacks important security and quality updates. Get your device back on track for Windows to run more safely. Select this button to get started" , I'm using Windows 10 Home official version from Acer , 64-bit system, I've updated all the drivers and tried to manually download some updates from internet , but it didn't help... thank you in advance for any kind of help !intel ssdpekkw256g7
     If your notebook is equipped with an Intel ssdpekkw256g7  P600 series, then, this type of ssd is not compatible with  build 1803 Windows.  Microsoft blocked this update to prevent issues  as mouse lagging, right click freezing, and above all, computer crashing when working unplugged. so, until  a patch-fix will be avalaible you will not be able to upgrade to 1803. Consider yourself lucky , I was'nt because I upgraded to 1803 before the blocking, and I had to roll back to 1709  because I could not use a crashing unplugged laptop and other issues. Actually Microsoft blocked this update after the damage was already done!

Answers

• geekromi
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    RocKer004 said:
    Hello everyone, I bought Acer Predator Helios several days ago , it functions perfectly but it can't install windows update 1803 (all others have been installed normally) , here's the error message I get : "Your device is at risk because it is no longer up-to-date and lacks important security and quality updates. Get your device back on track for Windows to run more safely. Select this button to get started" , I'm using Windows 10 Home official version from Acer , 64-bit system, I've updated all the drivers and tried to manually download some updates from internet , but it didn't help... thank you in advance for any kind of help !intel ssdpekkw256g7
     If your notebook is equipped with an Intel ssdpekkw256g7  P600 series, then, this type of ssd is not compatible with  build 1803 Windows.  Microsoft blocked this update to prevent issues  as mouse lagging, right click freezing, and above all, computer crashing when working unplugged. so, until  a patch-fix will be avalaible you will not be able to upgrade to 1803. Consider yourself lucky , I was'nt because I upgraded to 1803 before the blocking, and I had to roll back to 1709  because I could not use a crashing unplugged laptop and other issues. Actually Microsoft blocked this update after the damage was already done!
  • RocKer004
    RocKer004 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

geekromi said:
    RocKer004 said:
    Thank you so much ! I thought there was something wrong with my windows or pc !!
  • geekromi
    edited May 2018
    You are welcome! :)