Charging led blinking when plugged in and continuous beeping sound.

theodore1978
theodore1978 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Everyone, here to ask a question about a problem encountering for some time on my Acer Aspire V5-552. When I plug in the charger, the battery led blinking and the screen continuously switches in power plans (screen luminosity) as well as the charging beep sounds. This happens often, but not always.
Any ideas to fix this?

Theo.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Open Device Mgr. Click Batteries folder. Uninstall MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method. Exit. Reboot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Open Device Mgr. Click Batteries folder. Uninstall MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method. Exit. Reboot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• theodore1978

Tinkerer

JackE thanks for your quick reply and the solution. I did what you wrote, I restarted and the MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method was reinstated in the batteries folder. After 3-4 complete charges the problem is not there. Cheers mate.
  • JackE
    Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• theodore1978

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    Hi update with negative feedback. The blinking returned, each time I charge. To charge, I have to put computer to sleep or turn off. With laptop on it takes 2 hours to reach 24%. Anything else besides the uninstall MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method, please?
  • JackE
    Sounds like you have the 65-watt charger, not the 90=watt. Check the label and report back what you have. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• theodore1978

Tinkerer

It is the 65W one.
  • JackE
    Well, charging time is highly dependent on what programs, apps & overall cpu, gpu & hdd loads you have running. Obviously a 65-watt charger will take more time than the 65-watt charger under these same load conditions. As for having to occasionally re-install the control method driver --- or any driver for that matter --- it is neither a particularly unusual situation nor suggestive of a hardware issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ