Acer Care Center Amazon Alexa update does... nothing?

jtcranston5
jtcranston5 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
So I was super excited to get Alexa on my PC. I bought the Spin 5 a little while ago and then I learned that all new laptops would have Alexa while old laptops would get an update (May 23rd in the case of prebought Spin 5's). I downloaded the Care Center and then found the Alexa update and hit install It goes to 100%, an Alexa app with some exemplary commands comes up, and then it asks for a reboot. I do this and the computer comes back alive but Alexa or any new installations are nowhere to be found. I uninstalled the Care Center, reinstalled, redownloaded, and it yields the same results. I was really looking forward to this so could someone help me out? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, If your Alexa program do not show up, you can use the steps below to create a new shortcut icon on desktop.

1. Type File Explorer in the Windows search box and launch the File Explorer.
    2. Select This PC.
    3. Select Acer (C:).
    4. Select Program Files (x86).
    5. Select Amazon.com.
    6. Select Amazon.
    7. Right-click on the file Alexa.exe and select Create shortcut.
    8. Select Yes to create the new shortcut on your desktop.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• AyushDrums
    AyushDrums Member Posts: 2 New User
    I opened Acer Care Center to check my update lists and I saw download option for Amazon Alexa, I was super excited to get Alexa on my PC and I downloaded it and after the download i clicked on update button and then it started buffering showing the word UPDATING... and its been more than an hour still its buffering.