Can I use Samsung Evo 960 Nvme m.2 250GB on my Acer Aspire A515-51G-50AC Laptop?

Options
emranfayzullah
emranfayzullah Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am planing to buy Samsung Evo 970 nvme ssd? is it support my acer aspire A515-51G-50AC,  8th gen. core i5 ,4GB ram, Mx150 GPU. also m.2 slot. 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, Acer recommends a M.2 SATA SSD but you could be able to install a NVMe SSD. You can follow the below instructions to install M.2 SSD Module

Remove the screws for service doors(HDD and RAM), take out the memory modules and HDD, remove 17 screws from the back cover, use a guitar pick or an old card to release the tabs(slowly without breaking the tabs), separate the bottom cover slowly, insert the M.2 SSD at an angle and secure with the screw, reverse the procedure to reassemble.

please make sure that you will not void warranty by opening the back cover, you can contact your local Acer Service centre in your country to verify:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    emranfayzullah 
    Acer recommends a M.2 SATA SSD but you could be able to install a NVMe SSD, but it will work at SATA 3 speeds.
    Please create an USB recovery media before making any changes on your laptop.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!