Acer Spin 5 - SP513-51-51PB - Broken charging port

JDOC72
JDOC72 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have an Acer Spin 5 model SP513-51-51PB. The outer piece on the charging port broke off so now I can't charge it. Can it be charged through any of the USB ports? If not, does anyone have any idea what the cost would be for a repair? Am I just out of luck and own a one year old 500.00 paperweight?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Do you mean the case broke around the port. Or the port itself is now loose, and plug pushes it too far inside so it won't fully connect. In either situation, sounds like a simple fix but the back has to come off to take a look. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brokensad0262
    Brokensad0262 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Did you fix this issue?  We have the same on our spin model.  We think the plug is pushed in to far.  How is that fixed?  
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    The back must be removed and the plugged straighten out of the soldered leads to the mainboard a long enough. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• amirS
    amirS Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2019
    I have the same issue my power port is loose and went all the way back. is there any video showing how to do this cuz i dont want to risk my laptop from my stupidity
    acer spin 5 513-51-57TP
  • amirS
    amirS Member Posts: 2 New User
    amirS said:
    I have the same issue my power port is loose and went all the way back. is there any video showing how to do this cuz i dont want to risk my laptop from my stupidity
    acer spin 5 513-51-57TP
    never mind. it was an easy fix. a piece of plastic holding my power jack broke. I cut off some of the unused electoral tape on my motherboard and used that to put it back in place. hope this helps others out there.