Acer support and warranty: what to believe?

Options
unhappy99
unhappy99 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an Aspire S13 (S5-371T). I contacted Acer support via chat while it was under warranty about a hardware problem. The computer was not unusable, and I said it was being used for school by my daughter. After analyzing the issue, the chat agent wrote (my bold), "I will provide you with the ticket number for this conversation. Once the school year ends, please contact us back using the case number, we will be able to send the unit for service even out of warranty since the issue was notified before the warranty expired." 

Now when I contact Acer support by phone, they say the computer is out of warranty, the ticket is closed, tough luck. All of the warranty contact channels filter by serial #. The phone support people say get in touch with chat, but the filter prevents that.

The advice I was given while under warranty - and a ticket # with no mention of a 90 auto-expiry which appears to have been in effect - is at odds with the "out of warranty" mantra" being repeated by phone support. I don't need support people to tell me they're sorry. I do need support people to tell me they will honour what they had earlier said in writing via chat, of which I have a copy. The reality right now seems to be that whatever I was told via chat, they will not provide warranty service. 

Does Acer support really believe this is the way to win repeat business? If someone knows a channel with which I can speak to someone in support to resolve this as the warranty issue it should be, please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello unhappy99,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Acer warranty.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

Answers

• Jazzash
    Jazzash Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I basically got the same runaround then was told to see a local technician as another option or pay acer money for one of their technicians. Honestly I have 3 acer laptops...all with problems. I won't be a repeat customer.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello unhappy99,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Acer warranty.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• unhappy99
    unhappy99 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    With Acer-Manny's help, this issue has been resolved. Acer accepted the laptop for warranty repair, did the repair, and I now have the laptop back. It functions as it should, pretty much as new. Kudos to Acer for standing by what they'd told me earlier, and my thanks to Manny. His effort re-established the trust I'd had from my first interaction with chat support pre-warranty expiry, the same trust that was being eroded when I'd dealt with phone support post-warranty expiry.