Windows 7 Compatibility (Nitro 5 - AN515-51)

reagen
reagen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello.

I just love Windows 7 so much I have to ask if the machine is compatible with the OS?
A Google search turned up nothing.

Thanks anyway,

REAGEN

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    reagen 

The issue is that Windows 7 drivers, the underlying software that interfaces between Windows 7 and the hardware may not work correctly. Worst case, the new laptop may not run at all. In other cases, you may buy a new printer, camera, scanner, etc and it won't connect to the laptop. In between these extremes are other compatibility issues.

Also, note that Windows 7 is not going to be supported by Microsoft past January 2020. This means no patches or updates and leaves your laptop vulnerable to hacks and security issues. I'm just suggesting that you may want to think through your Windows 7 strategy. It may cause you a lot more problems in the future, than learning a little bit about Windows 10 now.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    reagen 

The issue is that Windows 7 drivers, the underlying software that interfaces between Windows 7 and the hardware may not work correctly. Worst case, the new laptop may not run at all. In other cases, you may buy a new printer, camera, scanner, etc and it won't connect to the laptop. In between these extremes are other compatibility issues.

Also, note that Windows 7 is not going to be supported by Microsoft past January 2020. This means no patches or updates and leaves your laptop vulnerable to hacks and security issues. I'm just suggesting that you may want to think through your Windows 7 strategy. It may cause you a lot more problems in the future, than learning a little bit about Windows 10 now.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • reagen
    reagen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Well yeah, I've been trying to find Windows 7 drivers for this machine since I got it the beginning of the month to no luck. Guess I'll have to be with Windows 10, then. Thanks anyway.
  • atulhimi88
    atulhimi88 Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    hi bro,
    i'd installed windows 7 in my laptop . it installed properly ,but when i use it i face alot of problems like no connectivity with internet , i connect pendrives but window doesnt recognize it . it feels like empty box . so i'd replaced it with windows 10