Acer nitro 5 slow boot up

Options
Webheadx9
Webheadx9 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Please help, I just bought an acer nitro 5 specs : i5 7th Gen, 8gb ram ddr4, 1tb hdd. It boots up very slow, it shows and stays on the green acer logo for 2mins and then the screen goes black and then back to the green acer logo for 3-4mins and then it goes to the windows login screen. My desktop with a core i3 and 8gb ddr3 and a 1tb hdd can boot up faster than this laptop, it's really frustrating and I can't find anything online that helps. And no turning on "fast boot up" or whatever doesn't work!! Acer please reply! I really don't wanna have to buy an ssd. It's too expensive :(

Answers

• vergilvivek1991
    vergilvivek1991 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, recently i bought acer nitro 5 8250u variant, i'm also facing the same slow boot issue, i can't believe the latest 8th gen laptop is also having the same issue. when i'm starting the laptop first time in a day, booting is fast. no complaints, but issue is in restart only. it takes 4-10min to boot the laptop.
    same way after using long time, doing shutdown and immediately pressing the start button is hitting into slow boot again.

i guess this is software issue only, because first time boot a day is not hitting into slowness, it is faster only. so if any acer folks seeing this thread, please release the driver update with the fix.  
  • Razerx
    Razerx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, recently i bought acer nitro 5 8250u variant, i'm also facing the same slow boot issue, i can't believe the latest 8th gen laptop is also having the same issue. when i'm starting the laptop first time in a day, booting is fast. no complaints, but issue is in restart only. it takes 4-10min to boot the laptop.
    same way after using long time, doing shutdown and immediately pressing the start button is hitting into slow boot again.

i guess this is software issue only, because first time boot a day is not hitting into slowness, it is faster only. so if any acer folks seeing this thread, please release the driver update with the fix.  
    I have the same variant as you have, also facing the same issue. Its exactly as you mentioned. 
    Tried disabling Fast startup from power options, disabling startup apps and what not, nothing helps. And i also noticed the system never fully shuts down unless i go to command and type in "shutdown /s /t 0". 
  • 9jaa
    9jaa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am using nitro 5 spin. I even have to hardpress the power button as it always gets stuck on acer logo bootscreen, from where it can't boot even if you are patient enough, and always boots on the 2nd try but very very slow... My laptop even can't be on sleep mode.. as it automatically switches off... And again have to do the whole cycle which takes about 20 min. MARK MY WORDS , YES 20 MINS.. I start to feel helpless as of present have tried everything the internet has to offer (nothing as such case is to be found ). What do I do?