chromebook password help

LAW922
LAW922 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello 

I am needing help with bypassing a password requirement so I do not lose my local data 
please read below the conversation i had with tech support 

can anyone help me please?

i do not want to lose my photos of my youngest newborn to 5 months old pictures

Thank You

Lydia 

10:04 AM  Support session established with David.
10:04 AM  David: 
Hi, Thank you for contacting AnswersBy. This is David how may I help you?
10:06 AM  Customer: 
ok so i do not remember my google chromebook password therefore my only option is to do a reset which means i will lose my local data, does that mean i will lose my photos stored on the chromebook?
10:08 AM  David: 
Yes. Resetting will losse all the data on the device.
10:08 AM  Customer: 
what i do then because I have entered every possible password it would be
10:12 AM  David: 
I have now checeked with our technicians and can see that there is certain reset options to save the date and recover the password.
10:13 AM  Customer: 
ok what is it
10:14 AM  David: 
We are actually a paid technical support if you are looking for free support : I would request you to post this query on Acer Community, one of the Ace-Members would reply you with the information you want. Kindly click on the following web-link it would re-direct you to Acer Community- https://community.acer.com/en/

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Normally you log onto your Chromebook using your Google account. You can go to Google.com and use the 'lost my password' process to change it, then use the new password to log into your Chromebook.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.