Aspire ES1-132 PhoenixOS

Gaboros
Gaboros Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello!

I can not install PhoenixOS on this ES1-132 device. After the installation everything is in place, I can also see the UEFI boot entry on the UEFI partition or with EasyUEFI but after restart it's just wipe it out and only leave on Windows Boot Manager. Secure boot disabled of course. Please give me a solution for this!

Best Answer

• Gaboros

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I found a workaround but acer didn't make my job easy... 
    So it's seems like only windows boot manager is allowed only on this device. I just duplicated the Microsoft folder on the EFI partition and installed refind to the original folder. Than in the /efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot folder I renamed the refind_x64.efi to bootmgfw.efi. With this trick refind will boot instead of windows but you can enter to windows from there. For PhoenixOS I need to add an entry to the refind config file:

menuentry PhoenixOS {
    volume Windows
    loader EFI\PhoenixOS\kernel
    initrd EFI\PhoenixOS\initrd.img
    options "root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 SRC=/PhoenixOS DATA=/PhoenixOS"
    }

Seriously acer why? What a mess... :D

Answers

• Gaboros

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I found a workaround but acer didn't make my job easy... 
    So it's seems like only windows boot manager is allowed only on this device. I just duplicated the Microsoft folder on the EFI partition and installed refind to the original folder. Than in the /efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot folder I renamed the refind_x64.efi to bootmgfw.efi. With this trick refind will boot instead of windows but you can enter to windows from there. For PhoenixOS I need to add an entry to the refind config file:

menuentry PhoenixOS {
    volume Windows
    loader EFI\PhoenixOS\kernel
    initrd EFI\PhoenixOS\initrd.img
    options "root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 SRC=/PhoenixOS DATA=/PhoenixOS"
    }

Seriously acer why? What a mess... :D