Updated 2018 Triton 700 Series - 8th Gen CPU +

munkay
munkay Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just noticed the teaser image on Acer's twitter feed for the new tech event on May 23rd.

That image is of the rear fan port on the Triton 700, so I am guessing that they will be announcing an updated version. What do people expect?
I guess a faster 144hz display and 8th Gen Intel CPUs, possibly address the touchpad negativity (although to be honest I like having the keyboard at the front and wouldn't change it!). Hopefully entirely remove the dumb Predator badges and give us an unlocked BIOS to disable RAID - I see that someone actually commented that on Facebook below the announcement. Maybe we should all take a stand and post the same :)

Will also be interesting to see if they can change the chassis as well and manage to go bezel-less, oh, and a smaller PSU would be good too.

I am more interested to see what happens later in year with new GPUs, but should still keen to see what they come up with now...

Answers

• agentspyboo
    agentspyboo Member Posts: 1 New User
    munkay said:
    Just noticed the teaser image on Acer's twitter feed for the new tech event on May 23rd.

That image is of the rear fan port on the Triton 700, so I am guessing that they will be announcing an updated version. What do people expect?
    I guess a faster 144hz display and 8th Gen Intel CPUs, possibly address the touchpad negativity (although to be honest I like having the keyboard at the front and wouldn't change it!). Hopefully entirely remove the dumb Predator badges and give us an unlocked BIOS to disable RAID - I see that someone actually commented that on Facebook below the announcement. Maybe we should all take a stand and post the same :)

Will also be interesting to see if they can change the chassis as well and manage to go bezel-less, oh, and a smaller PSU would be good too.

I am more interested to see what happens later in year with new GPUs, but should still keen to see what they come up with now...
    agreed bro also they should had much cooler and more advanced lighting effects to predator sense
  • Shibli
    Shibli Member Posts: 2 New User
    Also it would be good bonus if they add somthing like Razer Huntsman Elite RGB wrist rest!
    That would be awsome for desk gaming! 
  • judojack1
    judojack1 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Are you all able to change your display to dark mode. I have the triton 700 and dark mode is greyed out. is that normal. Gpu - 1080