I can not change the notebook operating system acer es1-431

Rambo33
Rambo33 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Boa noite, senhores !
Não consigo mudar o sistema operacional  do notebook modelo es1-431 esse que vem com memoria emmc 32 gb . Ele está com o ruindows 10 e quero instalar o windows 7 64 bits porém ja fiz de tudo  e nao consigo. Ja mudei de uefi para legacy ja desabilitei o security boot e não obtive sucesso. Alguem pode me ajudar por gentileza ?

Good night sir !
I can not change the operating system of the notebook model es1-431 that comes with emmc memory 32 gb. It is with ruindows 10 and I want to install windows 7 64 bit but I already did everything and I can not. I already changed from uefi to legacy and disabled the security boot and I did not succeed. Can someone please help me?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    What Win7 installation media are you trying to use and where did you get it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SHAbef
    SHAbef Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited January 2019
    having same problem can't change my os from win 10. writing iso file of win7 and even cent with rufus 2.8 on my pendrive, booting from usb results in restarting of win 10 instead of installing linux or any other windows version. got stuck on windows 10

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    Win7 cannot be installed on a GPT partitioned HDD with a BIOS in UEFI mode. You must first convert the HDD to MBR partition and change BIOS to Legacy mode. If you do this, you will lose the ability to boot Win10.  Linux however can be installed alongside Windows in dual boot configuration using a GPT partitioned FAT32 USB installation stick. But you probably must set a BIOS supervisor password and disable BIOS secure boot in order to do this. Jack E/NJ

Linux Windows Dual Boot instructions
    ( 0) Pre-shrink Windows partition to desired unallocated space for Linux installation.
    ( 1) Make bootable GPT/FAT32(default) stick from the Linux installation iso with Rufus.
    ( 2) Set BIOS supervisor password(SECURITY), disable secure boot(BOOT)& enable F12 Windows boot mgr (MAIN). Save BIOS settings & exit. May not be needed with some Linux installations like Mint.
    ( 3) Shutdown & insert bootable Linux stick
    ( 4) Turn back on while immediately tapping F12. Select Linux stick to run.
    ( 5) Preferrably select a default Linux install option
    ( 6) Follow on-screen instructions to install alongside Windows.
    ( 7) Let Linux automatically set & resize partitions for Linux & its swap. Adjust for more or less space only if absolutely necessary.
    ( 8) Shutdown & remove Linux stick.
    ( 9) Turn back on while tapping F2.
    (10) Re-enable secure boot(BOOT) & select UEFI file as trusted(MAIN). Select HDD0, SSD0 or eMMC0, then <EFI>, then <ubuntu>, then grubx64.efi the UEFI file. Enter grubx64.efi in the space provided if selecting it doesn't automatically enter it. Save BIOS setting and exit.
    (11) Boot into Windows. Then shutdown again.
    (12) Turn back on while tapping F12.
    (13) If desired, put grubx64.efi ahead of Windows boot manager in UEFI bootstrapper

Jack E/NJ