Totaly dead Aspire switch 10 SW5-012

pintjoao
pintjoao Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
After an update of windows 10, the computer was totally dead. after the update indicated that it had no sound devices, I installed the drivers. shortly afterwards the computer will not turn on, but the battery will charge. help-me!!!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Press and hold the power button for 5-10seconds to make sure it's completely turned off. Then try to turn it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pintjoao
    JackE said:
    Press and hold the power button for 5-10seconds to make sure it's completely turned off. Then try to turn it back on. Jack E/NJ
    I've tried it and nothing. I also tried to open the part where the battery is and disconnected it , to ensure that it ran all the power. I pressed the ON / OFF button for 30 seconds and then reconnected the battery, but nothing .... everything as before !!!!
  • JackE
    Do any LEDs light up? If no, then check the voltage output of the charger plug with a multimeter. It should be 15v or higher. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pintjoao
    JackE said:
    Do any LEDs light up? If no, then check the voltage output of the charger plug with a multimeter. It should be 15v or higher. Jack E/NJ
    only when in charge. the charger is ok.
  • JackE
    What color is the LED when the charger is plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pintjoao
    JackE said:
    What color is the LED when the charger is plugged in? Jack E/NJ
    orange when in charge, and blue when is full charged.
  • JackE
    Yes, but has it turned blue since the system died? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pintjoao
    JackE said:
    Yes, but has it turned blue since the system died? Jack E/NJ
    Yes, when the battery is full the light change to blue
  • JackE
    >>>After an update of windows 10, the computer was totally dead. after the update indicated that it had no sound devices, I installed the drivers. >>>

(1) If the computer was totally dead after the update, then how did the Win10 update indicate that it had no sound devices?
    (2) If the computer was totally dead after the Win10 update, then how did you install the sound device drivers?
    (3) What sound device drivers did you try to install after the Win10 update & where did you download the drivers from?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pintjoao
    JackE said:
    >>>After an update of windows 10, the computer was totally dead. after the update indicated that it had no sound devices, I installed the drivers. >>>

(1) If the computer was totally dead after the update, then how did the Win10 update indicate that it had no sound devices?
    (2) If the computer was totally dead after the Win10 update, then how did you install the sound device drivers?
    (3) What sound device drivers did you try to install after the Win10 update & where did you download the drivers from?

Jack E/NJ
          1- the computer only got dead after the sleep screen (I have hibernation turned off)
          3- 
    I took the drivers from the official Acer support page
  • JackE
    Your system seems to be stuck in sleep or hibernation mode. (1) Remove the charger plug. (2) Disconnect the battery from the mainboard. (3) Press and hold power button for 1 minute  ****without**** charger or battery (4) Let the system rest for several hours ****without**** charger or battery. (5) Then re-connect battery only. (6) Try to turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pintjoao
    JackE said:
    Your system seems to be stuck in sleep or hibernation mode. (1) Remove the charger plug. (2) Disconnect the battery from the mainboard. (3) Press and hold power button for 1 minute  ****without**** charger or battery (4) Let the system rest for several hours ****without**** charger or battery. (5) Then re-connect battery only. (6) Try to turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ
    After trying everything, the assistance told me to send  netbook for repair. When I have more news I post in this forum
  • JackE
    @pintjoao >>>After trying everything, the assistance told me to send  netbook for repair. When I have more news I post in this forum>>>

Yes, I agree with this after all that you have tried. Please let us know what happened after you find out. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cheetah2003
    Cheetah2003 Member Posts: 3 New User
    On power-up issues:  In my situation, I find the SW5-012 has 3 states:  On, Off, and Sort-of-on.

It's that last one that it seems to like to get stuck in.  It won't appear like it's on, but you still have to hold down the power switch for at LEAST 30 seconds, it's not like other laptops and the 4-second rule.  So generally, if I push the power button and nothing happens (and it appears to be off.) it's in the sort-of-on state.  Use the 30 second hold down to force it fully shut off.  Then typically it will power up when you press the power button.

If you'd like to experience the Sort-of-on state, go into your UEFI settings, make sure the F12 boot menu is enabled.  Save and exit, use F12 when the tablet reboots, and when you get to the boot menu, push CTRL-ALT-DELETE.  On mine, this ALWAYS kicks it into Sort-of-on state.
  • JackE
    @Cheetah2003 Thanks for the optimistic info. But it sounds more like a sort-of-off state --- more half-off than half-on.  Whaddya think?  =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ