RavBg64.exe errors causing crashes

Options
TJD
TJD Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've had a long series of crashes that Event Viewer says result from faults with RavBg46.exe, part of the Realtek audio system. They all happen with a particular game. Doesn't matter if I'm using headphones, external speakers, or the regular laptop speakers. I've reinstalled the Realtek drivers multiple times, no effect. Happens when I'm undervolting, and when I'm not. The game just freezes solid, forcing a hard reset. I've written tech support for the game in question, they have no clue, and Google isn't getting me anywhere. So I'm posting here, in hopes someone might have some insight. 

I have a Helios PH317-51, the game in question is Sniper Elite 4, which is not very demanding. 

Thanks!

Answers

• rajan000
    rajan000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I know that without sound in any game no interested, We does the enjoy of game  https://unfitpc.com/ravbg64-exe
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Install Acer's Realtek driver from their website and be sure Windows doesn't auto update it (realtek) after you do.

The error comes from undervolting that causes the realtek driver to not awaken from a sleep state which in turn crashes the nvidia hd audio and makes the game freeze.

Enjoy 🙃
    - Hotel Hero