Won't power up

heathpc
heathpc Member Posts: 12 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
My 2016 build e series said 643 06947776 laptop will not power up. Took it in and it powered up. Tech explained how keyboard button worksworks. It was slow but would power up for a couple of days. Now it will not power up at all. At suggestion of tech I had installed latest Acer bike update number 10 I think. Any suggestions? Tech said there is no fix  

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What is your full ACER e-series model and number, not the SNID. Please remove the SNID from your first post. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• heathpc
    Answer ✓
    To Pathfinder: My laptop is a E5-875G. I do not know how to edit my post. Sorry.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, I can't find that model listed. Is it perhaps an e5-575g or from an e1 or e3 series? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• heathpc
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, Big fingers E5-575G. Thank you for your time and effort.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Now it will not power up at all.>>>

Do you mean when the power button is pressed, nothing at all happens? No LEDs light up? No sounds? No ACER logo screen? No nothing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• heathpc
    Answer ✓
    Yes. Nothing. Normally the keyboard lights up and then the Acer screen comes up and all is well until I shut down.
    Also, just a query on protocol: Should I say yes or no to each of your comments or only the finalone in the post. I do not want to insult or do the wrong thing.
    Patrick
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Yes. Nothing>>>

Protocol fine. Three obvious possibilities. (1) Charger failed so battery's dead. (2) Power board/switch failed. (3) Something rather unobvious.  #1's my best guess so far. So check the voltage output of the charger plug with multimeter. Should be 15v or more. Jack E/N

Jack E/NJ

• heathpc
    Answer ✓
    voltage fine. Blue LED shows charged. Powering up after holding key down for over 60 seconds and tapping again two three times or more. Is that normal? If it is I will live with it. Disconcerting. Bought because special drive booted up faster but have to live with slow power up so..  Really I appreciate your help through this. aybe this can help others know the problem exists.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Good going. Your machine apparently was in a suspended state like hibernation mode. Pressing & holding the power button for 5 seconds or more completely shuts off all power. So check your power plan in settings to make sure certain actions, like closing the lid or momentarily pushing the button, are the way you want them. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    What is your full ACER e-series model and number, not the SNID. Please remove the SNID from your first post. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• heathpc
    Answer ✓
    To Pathfinder: My laptop is a E5-875G. I do not know how to edit my post. Sorry.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, I can't find that model listed. Is it perhaps an e5-575g or from an e1 or e3 series? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• heathpc
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, Big fingers E5-575G. Thank you for your time and effort.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Now it will not power up at all.>>>

Do you mean when the power button is pressed, nothing at all happens? No LEDs light up? No sounds? No ACER logo screen? No nothing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• heathpc
    Answer ✓
    Yes. Nothing. Normally the keyboard lights up and then the Acer screen comes up and all is well until I shut down.
    Also, just a query on protocol: Should I say yes or no to each of your comments or only the finalone in the post. I do not want to insult or do the wrong thing.
    Patrick
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Yes. Nothing>>>

Protocol fine. Three obvious possibilities. (1) Charger failed so battery's dead. (2) Power board/switch failed. (3) Something rather unobvious.  #1's my best guess so far. So check the voltage output of the charger plug with multimeter. Should be 15v or more. Jack E/N

Jack E/NJ

• heathpc
    Answer ✓
    voltage fine. Blue LED shows charged. Powering up after holding key down for over 60 seconds and tapping again two three times or more. Is that normal? If it is I will live with it. Disconcerting. Bought because special drive booted up faster but have to live with slow power up so..  Really I appreciate your help through this. aybe this can help others know the problem exists.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Good going. Your machine apparently was in a suspended state like hibernation mode. Pressing & holding the power button for 5 seconds or more completely shuts off all power. So check your power plan in settings to make sure certain actions, like closing the lid or momentarily pushing the button, are the way you want them. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ