Predator G3-710 stays powered on, but screen, keyboard and mouse go dark

Options
IMDBLL
IMDBLL Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I'm new to this, so I don't know if this is where to post this, but I just got the computer from Costco as week ago, and this has happened twice.  The computer is running a windows file explorer to show the properties of a 1TB drive.  When I come back in the room, the screen, keyboard and mouse are all dark, but the computer power button is lit up, and the fans in the unit are running.  Can't do anything but hold power button down long enough for the computer to shut down and then restart, and it runs well until a few days later when it does the same thing. Acer support says to send it in for repair.  Anyone have any idea what's happening?

Thanks.

Larry

Comments

• whirly1227
    whirly1227 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    I just recently purchased a G3-710. I noticed the same thing and fixed it myself. The fix I used was to go to Settings >> System >> Power & Sleep >> Change Sleep to Never. I had the issue with another computer once. It has to do with Windows 10 and the sleep mode not registering peripherals correctly.
  • Victorfilm
    Victorfilm Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It's a lot more serious than that. This is the second time I'm sending my unit in less than a year to Acer. Really disappointed with their computers.