Touchpad is not working properly

Options
SirTubbington
SirTubbington Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am currently using the Acer Swift 3 Laptop and it  has been works perfectly fine , however over the past few days I have noticed that the left and right click buttons do not work on the touchpad, now usually I lightly tap the pad to select things so this was normal but when I tried to copy and paste something I noticed it wasn't working. I have tried updating the touchpad drivers and switching the left and right buttons to see if this would fix my problem but I still can't get it to work. I just want to know if anyone can help me with this really and if there is any work around this other than using a physical mouse or sending it off for repair

Comments

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS settings, move to Main tab and check whether the touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is then switch to Advanced mode.

• SirTubbington
    SirTubbington Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I've just checked this setting and it was already in advanced mode. Thanks though. If you have any other advise though will be much appreciated
  • Jeevan123
    Jeevan123 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options
    Hi SirTubbington,
    *First try to do Bios Default and Check with Touchpad by following steps,
    1. Completely shut down your computer.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.I
    *If your Still facing  the problem, uninstall the Driver and Restart the computer and check with driver

*If your Still facing  the problem, uninstall the Driver and Reinstall the driver  from the following link.
     https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
  • ceone
    ceone Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    i'm having the same problem on my swift 3  (sf314-51) . Suddenly touchpad buttons stopped working.
    did you solve the problem SirTubbington?

• st0ra
    st0ra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I soldered a 3'rd ground from mainboard ground screw to the touchpad ground (2 big plates) inside. Then it works perfectly.
    Over time (2year), the 2 plates "touching" the touchpad with some "leading foam" do not work perfectly.
    Model SF314-51. I used the same prosedure as some other acer laptops.