Should I run all Bios updates or just the latest

heathpc
heathpc Member Posts: 12 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an Aspire E5-575G and recently did my first BIOS update. There are 10 available and I ran the latest one (1.Fix ME security issue by updating to 11.8.50.3399). Do I need to run ALL of the previous updates and if so do I need to run them in a specific order such as first to last?  I looked into this because my "power key" has to be held down for 6 to 10 seconds, released and then pushed again to get the laptop to power up.

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    heathpc 

You should be able to just update using the latest version V1.32. Each one is cumulative so the latest has all the features of the previous ones. There have been times when you needed a previous version to use the latest and this was with some much older hardware. You will get a notification telling you what previous one you need. Since yours is not one of these older items all should be good with the latest.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • heathpc
    Answer ✓
    Thank you.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    heathpc 

You should be able to just update using the latest version V1.32. Each one is cumulative so the latest has all the features of the previous ones. There have been times when you needed a previous version to use the latest and this was with some much older hardware. You will get a notification telling you what previous one you need. Since yours is not one of these older items all should be good with the latest.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • heathpc
    Answer ✓
    Thank you.