Can I use a USB hub with my Acer One S1002?

Luiana
Luiana Member Posts: 2 New User
I bought a USB port (4 ports) for my Acer One S1002 and I cannot make it work. I wanted to be able to use a wireless mouse and also plug a pen drive there since the computer only has one USB port, but it is not working.
Does this model support a 4 USB port?
Thanks!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,772 Pathfinder
    Hi @Luiana this device does support for USB hub. In your case you can access device manager and reinstall USB adapters to correct this issue.

Please follow the steps below.

1. Press and hold Windows + X
    2. Click on device manager
    3. highlight on USB and double tap on it to see the USB drivers
    4. Uninstall the one that says USB controller ( If USB hub name specified )
    5. restart the computer and re-connect the USB
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    IIRC you need an OTG cable between the USB slot on the tablet and the hub. A standard cable leaves you in charge mode instead of data.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Luiana
    Luiana Member Posts: 2 New User
    Rudy21 said:
    Hi @Luiana this device does support for USB hub. In your case you can access device manager and reinstall USB adapters to correct this issue.

Please follow the steps below.

1. Press and hold Windows + X
    2. Click on device manager
    3. highlight on USB and double tap on it to see the USB drivers
    4. Uninstall the one that says USB controller ( If USB hub name specified )
    5. restart the computer and re-connect the USB
    Thanks for your answer! Tried it but it did not work :(
    I'm going to buy an OTG cable and see if that works.
  • ZyzyxTheGreat
    ZyzyxTheGreat Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello,

I know this string is quite old, but I am still using my Acer One S1002 and find a necessity to use a headset with mic for work (teleconferences and the like). There simply is no port for the 1/8" mic jack, so the USB is my only option. I followed the steps listed. I have an OTG plugged in.

But my device manager looks nothing like the options given. Per the image I pasted, do Ihave this option available?

Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer

Yes, the Generic USB Hub should be the hub connected to the OTG cable. You might need an externally powered hub for some devices, but a headset shouldn't draw enough power for that to be required. What shows up in Sound, Video and Game Controllers when you first plug the headset in?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.