Installing Windows 7 on ES11 , is it possible?

aljarady
aljarady Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I need to install windows 7 on Aspire Laptop Es1-132-CS0B.
The laptop come with windows 10 installed, I have a licensed windows 7 and I want to install it.
Is it possible to install it and how?

thanks

Answers

• TechSaavy
    TechSaavy Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

Hi There,

Glad you asked this question before installing the windows 7.

·         Hope you computer is still under warranty with the manufacture kindly do check with them degrading the software will void your computer warranty or not?

·         Since your computer was shipped with windows you may not have the windows 7 drivers available in manufacture site

·         As a technician I would suggest you not to degrade the OS in the new machine

At last answer to your question “Yes” you can install windows 7 for this machine and download the drivers from 3rd party websites.

Regards,

TechSaavy

Hit “LIKE” if I answered you question

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Yes, a Win7 upgrade is possible but the current Win10 HDD partition would have to be converted from GPT to MBR and as noted some device drivers such as for wifi may not work properly. A better choice might be to swap the existing HDD unchanged with a new HDD (very inexpensive nowadays) and install Win7 on the new drive. This way, if you aren't satisfied with the Win7 installation, you can easily switch back to the original Win10 HDD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ