Chinese looking symbols on SN:********************

Cloey
Cloey Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives

Hi, my tablet suddenly stopped working. There are some Chinese looking symbols in the top left hand corner, I guess it's kaput, but wondered if it was worth repairing, it only cost about £80/90. Thank you!

[Edited post to remove personal information, please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.-

Acer-Dan]

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Cloey

You can try to reset your tablet to factory settings.
    At the very beginning switch off the tablet. Afterwards press and hold two buttons: Volume Up and Power for a couple of seconds.
    You have to release the Power button after about three seconds. Let go of the Volume Up key as soon as the Boot Mode appears.
    Afterwards from the menu on the screen select option Recovery, by using Volume buttons to scroll and Power key to confirm.
    Wait untile the Recovery Mode appears on the screen. Use Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power button to confirm.
    Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume buttons to scroll and Power rockerto choose.
    In order to restart the tablet, select "reboot system now". The reset would be compelete.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Cloey
    Answer ✓
    Sharanji said:
    Cloey

At the very beginning switch off the tablet. Afterwards press and hold two buttons: Volume Up and Power for a couple of seconds.
    You have to release the Power button after about three seconds. Let go of the Volume Up key as soon as the Boot Mode appears.
    Afterwards from the menu on the screen select option Recovery, by using Volume buttons to scroll and Power key to confirm.
    Wait untile the Recovery Mode appears on the screen. Use Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power button to confirm.
    Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume buttons to scroll and Power rockerto choose.
    In order to restart the tablet, select "reboot system now". The reset would be compelete.

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    Cloey  Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    Cloey

• Cloey
    Thank you, I will give that a go. I haven't been able to switch it off, I have to let it run out of power! I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks 
  • Cloey
    Hi Sharanji, I can't see a recovery option. There's:  reboot system now, apply update from ADB, apply update from SD card, apply update from cache, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, backup user data, restore user data, root integrity check, reboot to bootloader, power down, view recovery log and finally demo mode.  Thank you!
  • Cloey
    Hi again, I really should have read all your instructions!  You are a star!  I have my tablet back in working order. Thank you soooo much x
  • Cloey
    Answer ✓
    Sharanji said:
    Cloey

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    Cloey  Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem.