black screen of death

mavisparisien
mavisparisien Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello ppl. ok i am having a issue with a acer 8930 serise laptop system. it came with no hard drive so i put mine into it that came from the other acer laptop both running off of win 7 iso. so it should merge and it should restart running windows, but all i get is the black screen of death. how do i fix this problem 

Comments

• Snoke
    Snoke Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

First go to your bios and reset everything to default you may need to read the manual to be able to get into the bios.

if that does not work and If you got a Windows 7 disc and dvd drive place it in the laptop boot into the disc and choose advance recovery options and go to the section repair startup and you may need to do that two or three times. to get it to pass the point its hanging.

If that does not work go into advance section of the menu for recovery options and choose the option for cmd then type the drive letter usually c:\> aand type Chkdsk C: / and follow this guide to carry out the check to see if their is any corruption of software or hardware fault upon the hard drive.

How to Run CHKDSK in Windows 10 - WindowsInstructed