I just purchased an Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-51) and the web cam is not recognized.

CEkkert
CEkkert Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
It's not a driver issue as the device is not showing up in device manager.  It's enabled in the Windows Privacy settings.  I don't see any power toggle options on the keyboard like some machines have.  Wondering if anyone has this issue or if I am missing something simple.  From everything it appears to be a hardware not software issue, but I have only owned desktops for awhile and not sure if their are any tricks for web cams.  Thanks.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Try reinstalling Acer Quick Access Application, go to Acer support site and download Acer Quick Access application, then Control panel, Programs uninstall the current installation, install the downloaded Acer Quick Access application.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7312?b=1
  • CEkkert
    CEkkert Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Try reinstalling Acer Quick Access Application, go to Acer support site and download Acer Quick Access application, then Control panel, Programs uninstall the current installation, install the downloaded Acer Quick Access application.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7312?b=1
    I gave it a shot it had no effect. Thanks for the answer though.

• britad
    britad Member Posts: 2 New User
    Having same issue now. Any fix updates?
  • xChuckie
    xChuckie Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Wow no one wants to help,and we can't use our camera,thank you ACER !
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    xChuckie said:
    Wow no one wants to help,and we can't use our camera,thank you ACER !

@xChuckie It isn't that no one wants to help if we don't have an answer we can't help. This is not an official Acer support Forum, this is a community of users just like you and we share our knowledge freely if we have an answer. Also this is a dead Topic, the last post was April 22nd and I imagine the problem was solved a long time ago. If you have a problem please start a new Topic and we'll see what we can do

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★