K272HL Zeroframe fullscreen issue

BlackDragon_UK
BlackDragon_UK Member Posts: 9 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
When the monitor is on the display is shifted 1inch to the right and 1 inch down leaving a black border
Nvidia tried overscan and underscan - this has no effect on the issue

H.Position and V.Position and Focus are greyed out on the OSD even with DVI to DVI but works with the VGA cable

My question is 

Faulty monitor hdmi signal
or Acer driver not reporting proper information to Nvidia card (Gtx 970) Newest drivers

This monitor is supposed to be zero frame but the drivers are restricting the monitor from using this technology is the monitor 16:10 or 16:9

Can someone from Acer tech please explain why I have Paid ££££ for monitor that does not function as it should 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    BlackDragon_UK 

Please try scaling options provided in the "adjust desktop size and position" section of the Nvidia control panel. 
    By default, all scaling is performed on the display, however you can set it up so the GPU performs all scaling operations (like I have it). There's also three different scaling options
    Aspect ratio (maintains the aspect ratio of your display at all times)
    Full-screen (stretches the image across the screen)
    No scaling (does not scale the image at all)
    By clicking on the "Size" tab, you'll be able to adjust the image manually to fit your screen. 

OSD menu functions can only adjust analog signals from a video card. The DVI signal is digital. Consequently, the OSD menu is incapable of adjusting the DVI signal and most of it will be inaccessible. The Brightness control is the occasional exception because it adjusts the intensity of the monitor backlights, which can function independently of any signal from your video card, analog or digital.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BlackDragon_UK
    edited May 2018
    Sharanji said:
    BlackDragon_UK 

Please try scaling options provided in the "adjust desktop size and position" section of the Nvidia control panel. 
    By default, all scaling is performed on the display, however you can set it up so the GPU performs all scaling operations (like I have it). There's also three different scaling options
    By clicking on the "Size" tab, you'll be able to adjust the image manually to fit your screen. 

OSD menu functions can only adjust analog signals from a video card. The DVI signal is digital. Consequently, the OSD menu is incapable of adjusting the DVI signal and most of it will be inaccessible. The Brightness control is the occasional exception because it adjusts the intensity of the monitor backlights, which can function independently of any signal from your video card, analog or digital.

Sharanji said:
    BlackDragon_UK 

Please read carefully the statement I made 

Clearly the method you are referring to is for the windows desktop 

where as I am referring to the monitor set up screen as in "ZEROFRAME" 
    this indicates no black borders on the monitor display

what you refer to in the nvidia setup is overscan and underscan this does not clearly work as per statement 

• BlackDragon_UK
    Is there an update from Acer regarding this Zeroframe scaling issue where it leave a 1 inch black border where the bezel should be on this K272HL monitor
  • BlackDragon_UK
    Update on my issue with Zeroframe.

None acknowledgement from ACER regarding and recent repairs to this particular monitor K272HL regarding Aspect ration scaling problem as described.

Also your consumer rights are being over written by a unenforceable T&C regarding your Monitor warranty.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    BlackDragon_UK
    Sorry to hear your experience. Please wait for others in the forum to respond with a resolution.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi BlackDragon_UK,

I am sorry for the inconveniences, the Aspect Ratio for this Monitor is 16:9:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HX3EE.D01

Have you contacted your local Acer support for assistance?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • BlackDragon_UK
    Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 models K272HL and K272HLe
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I'm not certain, but I believe the 'e' models have speakers and the others don't.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BlackDragon_UK
    Seems like no one knows the solution to this particular monitor issue