Bios password for Aspire V3-731

mimi0607
mimi0607 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Need help please with the BIOS password! after last update of window it continues to go on reboot. i try the alt - F10 but is asking for bios password.  called Acer they won't help me at all. :( 

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi, 
    Bios password can be reset if the cmos battery is removed and plugged back again. how ever its not the normal battery for the laptop but a separate battery within the unit. It can be done by a local tech. so if the unit is not under warranty take it to any local tech they can help you in resetting the password.  
    Hit Like and Accept if provided info is useful. :)
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    Answer ✓
    Hi, 
    Bios password can be reset if the cmos battery is removed and plugged back again. how ever its not the normal battery for the laptop but a separate battery within the unit. It can be done by a local tech. so if the unit is not under warranty take it to any local tech they can help you in resetting the password.  
    Hit Like and Accept if provided info is useful. :)
  • mimi0607
    mimi0607 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you :) 
  • christy1
    Welcome mimi.
  • LAlberto
    LAlberto Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I have the same problem, but I already did all that, remove the CMOS battery, watch videos on Youtube, pages, etc. but nothing works ... Will I be doing something wrong? I have the same pc is an Acer Aspire V3-731