next@acer 2020

Can I change the Fan Speeds of a 593G?

HintManHintMan Member Posts: 5 New User
edited May 2018 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
My friend has a Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-593G-74J4 that he uses to play games like divinity. It has a GTX 1060 so built in, so the performance is good. The problem is the temperatures, which 85°c according to MSI afterburner. It is hot enough to make touching is uncomfortable. A solution I have considered is speeding up the fans earlier, but is this even possible with this device?

If yes, how?

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 15,714 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    I don't think you can increase the fan speed, even if you do it will breakdown earlier than you think, I would suggest you to use a cooling pad or undervolt with a utility like Throttlestop which is safe and won't affect the performance.
    Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/27163405
  • SharanjiSharanji ACE Posts: 4,186 Pathfinder
    @HintMan

Please open Acer Quick Access application and check if this device is shipped with Acer Coolboost application.
    If found, make sure that the appliation is turned On. The Acer Coolboost application is designed to improve system cooling by increasing the fan speed during heavy use. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!