Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Helios 300 audio problem

EddieSiEddieSi Posts: 35Member Devotee
Hello everyone, it's been about 2 weeks since I got my helios 300 and I have noticed that sometimes when I play anything with audio I will get this choppy sound or scratchy sound like my speakers are going bad. Obviously the speakers are not bad because I simply go to "Playback devices" and click on "realtek high definition" and disable it and then enable it and my audio is crystal clear again. I have not abused the speakers, first week i had the laptop I would play everything audio related below 50% and slowly increased the volume up to 80% (the highest I've gone since I've had my laptop) cuz i don't see the point of 100% if I can just plug in my Vmoda or Bose headphones for better audio...so what's going on if I already tried checking for an updated driver and it says I have the best one installed? Device manager has 2 audio inputs listed "NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device" and "realtek high definition audio" 

Best Answers

• EddieSiEddieSi Posts: 35 Devotee
    Accepted Answer
    JackE said:
    Doesn't seem like a hardware issue. A Win10 update likely caused it and a future update might resolve it. If you want to try to temporarily resolve the issue you can try the tips listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window   But if it were mine, I wouldn't fuss with it and use the temporary workaround you've already described. Thanks for the report. Jack E/NJ

I want a permanent fix though because it actually happens quite often like just now and that's why I came back to check on my question. It's starting to get really annoying...I did have WIN10 home that came shipped with the laptop and I upgraded to Pro via my Microsoft account
  • EddieSiEddieSi Posts: 35 Devotee
    Accepted Answer
    Seems to have solved after re installing audio drivers. Really not sure how or what I did but haven’t had the issue

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 18,077ACE Trailblazer
    Doesn't seem like a hardware issue. A Win10 update likely caused it and a future update might resolve it. If you want to try to temporarily resolve the issue you can try the tips listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window   But if it were mine, I wouldn't fuss with it and use the temporary workaround you've already described. Thanks for the report. Jack E/NJ

• EddieSiEddieSi Posts: 35Member Devotee
    Accepted Answer
    JackE said:

I want a permanent fix though because it actually happens quite often like just now and that's why I came back to check on my question. It's starting to get really annoying...I did have WIN10 home that came shipped with the laptop and I upgraded to Pro via my Microsoft account
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,077ACE Trailblazer
    Then the temporary Microsoft fix will probably last longer than your temporary workaround. Jack E/NJ
  • EddieSiEddieSi Posts: 35Member Devotee
    Accepted Answer
    Seems to have solved after re installing audio drivers. Really not sure how or what I did but haven’t had the issue