Unable to register - serial # already registered?

Options
yuenwah
yuenwah Member Posts: 2 New User
I am unable to register Acer notebook bought just 1 day ago. It says Serial # already registered. Why and how to check it out?

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @yuenwah to register the computer you would have to first create an acer id. With which it allows the users to register the devices. but if you have already created one, tried to register and encountered with same error then you can contact acer technical support for verification and registration.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @yuenwah to register the computer you would have to first create an acer id. With which it allows the users to register the devices. but if you have already created one, tried to register and encountered with same error then you can contact acer technical support for verification and registration.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Ecip
    Ecip Member Posts: 84 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Is it a refurbished model?
  • yuenwah
    yuenwah Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It is a brand new Swift 3 laptop. While I am still unable to register device with my Acer ID, I managed to register for Warranty. Will contact helpdesk to verify on device registration. Thanks!
  • MariJune
    MariJune Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I cannot register my laptop. It is new, I bought it 1 month ago. I receive a pop reminder I should register the device. I tried and it is said it is already registered and when tried to add the numbers, it does not leave it. Is there an email where to send details to register ? Who can help me?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    @MariJune yoou just need to contact Acer support for your locale. It won't work if you are on a different locale support site.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sylvain1137
    Sylvain1137 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    MariJune said:
    I cannot register my laptop. It is new, I bought it 1 month ago. I receive a pop reminder I should register the device. I tried and it is said it is already registered and when tried to add the numbers, it does not leave it. Is there an email where to send details to register ? Who can help me?
    So, how did you register your laptop ? Did you call Acer ? or did something else ? Because I have similar problem with my new laptop bought as an "open box" at official retailer in Canada.