Windows version 1803 update problems

Options
2»

Answers

• Cosmin
    Cosmin Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello.. i want to update to the latest version of windows.. and i'm getting this error all the time, what can i do ?
    Laptop Acer Predator Helios 300 17.3"

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    What is the free space on your windows drive?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Flame
    Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Dont install windows on intel ssd that is inside(windows still did not fix the incompability with that m2 inside of helios 300 and some toshiba laptops) because if you menage to install it you will get blue  screens on batery usage half of drivers will not work. It is well known problem. You can reed here : https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/05/microsoft-blocks-windows-10-april-2018-update-to-some-intel-ssds/
  • CathodeRayTub
    CathodeRayTub Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Flame said: 
    Dont install windows on intel ssd that is inside(windows still did not fix the incompability with that m2 inside of helios 300 and some toshiba laptops) because if you menage to install it you will get blue  screens on batery usage half of drivers will not work. It is well known problem. You can reed here : https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/05/microsoft-blocks-windows-10-april-2018-update-to-some-intel-ssds/
    Whoa!  I didn't know about this, I'm getting the blow screen of death on battery power.  I posted my problem in the other thread about the laptop crashing randomly (40+ users that we know of are experiencing that) but my problem might be a little different according to this article.

Maybe the answer is already on here somewhere, but any recommendations?  Should i roll back to a previous windows?  Here is my little blue screen of death:

I was trying to justify (pathetically)my purchase to my partner, explaining that I primarily use it plugged in anyway... But she's like, you bought a broken laptop... Is she right??? 

I'm determined to get it working and not send it away.
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Flame said:

Excuse me, but as far I know, Microsoft has just released a patch fix (on May 24) that resolved the issues on machines equipped with ssd Intel P600 series and Toshiba ssd: This fix (KB4100403) is installed trough windows update  after updating to 1803. I did not have any problem  installing on my  helios 300 (Intel ssd equipped), the build 1803 and then the fix, that once istalled, will appear on Control Panel/programs/Installed updates
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    This windows 10 update is a BIG fail
  • Flame
    Options
    geekromi said:
    Flame said:

Excuse me, but as far I know, Microsoft has just released a patch fix (on May 24) that resolved the issues on machines equipped with ssd Intel P600 series and Toshiba ssd: This fix (KB4100403) is installed trough windows update  after updating to 1803. I did not have any problem  installing on my  helios 300 (Intel ssd equipped), the build 1803 and then the fix, that once istalled, will appear on Control Panel/programs/Installed updates
    They maybe release something, but problem is still there. I bought 2 days ago a second ssd and install windows on it, not a single problem now.
  • Flame
    Options
    Flame said: 
    Whoa!  I didn't know about this, I'm getting the blow screen of death on battery power.  I posted my problem in the other thread about the laptop crashing randomly (40+ users that we know of are experiencing that) but my problem might be a little different according to this article.

Maybe the answer is already on here somewhere, but any recommendations?  Should i roll back to a previous windows?  Here is my little blue screen of death:

I was trying to justify (pathetically)my purchase to my partner, explaining that I primarily use it plugged in anyway... But she's like, you bought a broken laptop... Is she right??? 

Try to install windows 1803 on second hard disk or try older version, 1709. If the problem is still there , you should bring it to acer service.  My blue screen was with critical proces eror.
  • CathodeRayTub
    CathodeRayTub Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Flame said:
    Flame said: 

Try to install windows 1803 on second hard disk or try older version, 1709. If the problem is still there , you should bring it to acer service.  My blue screen was with critical proces eror.
    Update:  I updated all of the drivers via third party app Driver Booster.  Now (at least so far!),I get no blue screen of death when I'm on battery power.  I browsed the web, installed some programs, and even played some games on battery power for a little while and no issues.

I should add, I'm using the Predator Helios 300-G3 571 with the 7th generation intel core i7-7700 HQ processor.

Will update if I come across any other issues.  

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    CathodeRayTub said: Update:  I updated all of the drivers via third party app Driver Booster.  Now (at least so far!),I get no blue screen of death when I'm on battery power.  I browsed the web, installed some programs, and even played some games on battery power for a little while and no issues.

I should add, I'm using the Predator Helios 300-G3 571 with the 7th generation intel core i7-7700 HQ processor.

Will update if I come across any other issues.  

Hopefully, you shouldn't be facing any issues.
    Don't install any Acer software, whatever it may be for any of the devices, except for predator sense.

I normally don't use sleep. I put it on hibernate or shut down. But given these issues i decided to give it a try, and put it on sleep twice, once manually and once letting it do so itself. It seemed to wake up fine. Tried to get screen turn off due to inactivity too; luckily it woke up in all tests.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045