Turn on my laptop without power button

Options
Erykon
Erykon Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My power button is dead i need buy another 1 but for the moment i need turn on my laptop and i have no clue how i can do it. I have a z5wah. So if anyone have an idea how do it help me plz. Sry for my bad english 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    I think that your charger has gone bad. Please check voltage output of the charger plug with a multimeter. It should be at least 15volts DC Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Erykon
    Options
    That the cable it is broken i just need find a way to open the laptop and after i will just keep it on the time my new cable is ready
  • JackE
    Options
    How do you know the cable is broken if you haven't opened yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Erykon
    Options
    Needed a sharp knife for cut the cable plastic over the steel and apply where the cable go
  • JackE
    Options
    You need to replace the power board and ribbon cable to avoid irreparable damage. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anjuman23
    Anjuman23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I have an Acer aspire 3 A315-53G-56ER.. Its not being turned on from yesterday. Also the indicator is off though the charging indicator is fine. Help me out.. 
    Thanks in advance.
  • JackE
    Options
    Remove the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom cover for about 10 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anjuman23

Tinkerer

Options
    It turned on.. and again switched off
  • JackE
    Options
    Remove the charger again. Repeat the paperclip method for 30 seconds. Then let the battery rest for about 15 mins. Try to turn it on again without the charger plugged in. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anjuman23

Tinkerer

Options
    It has turned on.. and off again & again
  • JackE
    Options
    Do you mean it turns on again by itself?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Anjuman23

Tinkerer

Options
    No.. i turn it on & then it turns off by itself
  • JackE
    Options
    Either you must tighten the RAM or remove the RAM door on the bottom and tape a spacer on a battery safety interlock swtich so it presses harder against the door. The switch must be fully depressed to keep the laptop on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ